The Rico Hot Springs is a private hot spring located near Rico, Colorado. Increased unregulated use has led to negative impacts to the springs property. Effective immediately, visitation is now limited to Rico residents. Anyone encountered on the property may be asked to provide proof that they have been pre-authorized to visit. If none can be provided, trespass tickets will be issued. The owners are in the process of developing a long term plan which may involve expanded public use so please stay tuned to this website for policy changes.
If you fit this category, here's the deal........
We will be developing a plan to use this property and need your cooperation while we work through this. It is likely that the springs will be completely off limits on some days while we are doing projects or having private gatherings. You are welcome to come soak any other time provided you are committed to a couple of things.
1) Do not park on highway or in front of gate. Walk, bike, ski, but don't park your car or it will be ticketed.
2) Pack out whatever you bring in. We do not have any bathroom facilities so please visit the bathroom before you show up to soak
3) Be kind and respectful. Treat other soakers and this place gently. It's pretty simple
4) Be careful and understand that this is not Disneyland. There are real dangers present and we do not want to get sued. To that end, we need every adult to sign a waiver. See link below.
5) Once you sign the waiver, we will email you back an approval to use the springs. Keep it available in the event that someone questions your right to be there.
All that said, we may still change our minds if things prove unmanageable. Let's all work together and make this happen!